15 Things I Cannot Live Without in my Kitchen:
- Kitchen Aid Mixer-is the best. Mine is 21 years old and still going strong! Hand mixers have come and gone. This product lasts. It comes with 3 different beaters. One works very well to kneed your bread and is called the dough hook. Then there is the whisk beater. This one I use the most. It is great for whipping cream. Then the beater attachment also. It further comes with 2 stainless steel bowls that lock tightly to the mixer. Where to shop for Kitchen Aid: ShopKitchenAid. it is time to start thinking about the holidays which is when I received my mixer. It makes an excellent wedding shower gift as well. #KitchenAid
2. Cuisinart Food Processer-I have tried other, cheaper models. There is no comparison. The Cuisinart brand is the best. They do supply replacement parts on their website cuisinartwebstore.com however, I have never needed them. It is good to know they are there. #Cuisinart food processor.
3. Pamper Chef Food Chopper-while everyone is crying in their onions, you can have yours in the bowel and moving on in seconds. It is the best for chopping vegetables for making Pico de Gallo and other recipes. For Pico de Gallo and using the food chopper: chop onions, green peppers, and tomatoes (about 5 tomatoes, one green pepper and half a medium onion) add cilantro, salt and pepper. Splash with about 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh or bottled). Look up Pamperchef.com to find a distributer. #pampered chef
4. Pampered Chef Juice Presser-All the juice, none of the seeds. Excellent to use for the Pico de Gallo. Recipe above. Quick and easy way to add citrus to your recipes without the seeds. The juice comes out quickly even in a dry lime. #pamperedchef
5. Citrus Zester-Easy to use when your recipes call for the flavor of orange, lemon or lime skin zest. Easy to get the zest off of the fruit.
6. Pampered Chef 4 cut bowl with Lid-great for mixing pancake batter, making iced tea and you can bake a Princess dress cake ready to decorate. Put the cake mix in and bake per recipe remove by taking cake out of the bowl. The cake is the skirt. #Pampered Chef
7. Metal tongs-flipping, grabbing, move the oven rack etc. A must have at the stove. I like to hang them over the pull handle on the stove for easy use. #Ekco
8. Good Sharp Knives- Karen and I both had mothers who cooked with dull knives. We could never figure that one out. You cannot function in your kitchen without a good set of sharp knives. I do not put mine in the dishwasher. Knives are one of your most important products you will have in your stocked kitchen, it is not brand specific. I just like a good knife. #serenityknives
9. Variety of good spices and herbs-I have a small herb garden this time of year. Basil, oregano, chocolate mint, peppermint. I love using fresh herbs. I also love the spice stores that are popping up around Charlotte with Savory being my go to store. The spices are the best and you can really tell the difference in the quality as compared to the dollar store. The Saigon Cinnamon is the best along with many spice blends.You are able to order also if you do not have a spice store near you. savoryspiceshop.com. #savory
10. Lodge Cast Iron Skillet-There is a reason in the south Lodge cast iron skillets are passed down from generation to generation: seasoning. In my opinion, Lodge cast Iron is the best made. The skillet is excellent for stove top and baking both. Excellent or camping also. You can buy new and season the skillet at home also. It is recommended not to put soap in you skillet. How to season a cast iron: Wash and dry well. Spread a thin layer of shortening or oil all over the cast iron. Place upside down on the middle rack of your oven preheated to 375° Put aluminum foil to catch drippings on the lower rack. Bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour turn off the oven and let the cast iron cool in the oven then wipe out the skillet. #lodgecastiron
11. Ball Canning Products-I love this brand. They have excellent online resources and the supplies are always top notch and available during canning season. The kit below is an excellent starting point for water bath canning. I hve not ventured into pressure cooking canning yet. #ballcanningsupplies.
12. USA Baking pan-heavy and substantial baking pan. Conducts heat will and food cooks quickly and food does not stick on its groves surface. This product is made in the USA! #USA pan
13. Aprons– A good supply of aprons will save your clothes and you wont have to as careful in your kitchen endeavors! I have brought some aprons on Groupon that I really like. You can pick up cool aprons on vacation also. I just ordered these on Groupon. The staff photographer will not like the small one so we will start Christmas shopping a little early. #Groupon
14. Mini and regular Silicone Spatula-I love to use these spatulas to srape the mixer and food processor bowl. I have quite a few but still find myself washing them rom the dishwasher often. I pick them up in the dollar bin at Target also.
15. Slow Cooker/Crock Pot-this is a kitchen must. I have two in my kitchen, the original canister crock pot and the Oval slow cooker. I use them at least once a week. They are awesome for soups, chili, baking potatoes and meatloaf. Yes, I do meatloaf in my slow cooker. It is very popular in our house! Check out our blog. Slow Cooker meatloaf will be posted soon.